The other day, I wrote out a long bucket list on three pieces of paper. Using my favorite markers, I made this list colorful and full of hope. Although some of my dreams are unrealistic, I still hang onto them because who knows? Maybe one day they will all come true.
Anyway, so I thought I would share them. Maybe you will get some ideas. I sure would love to hear any things that I should add to my list. Also I hope that this will help keep me accountable. Throughout the years, I can keep crossing off items. Already a few are done after my trip to London. So here it is.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
Study abroadI did this in Oxford for June 2014.
- Teach overseas
- Be a professor
- Get a Doctorate
- Work at Walt Disney World/Land
- Be a godmother
- Have a pink car
- Meet someone related to J. R. R. Tolkien
- Win a Noble Peace Prize
- Publish a book
- Write my memoirs
- Work at a library
- Give a stranger something worth $100
- Send a message in a bottle
- Pay for someone’s groceries
- Sing the national anthem at a sport game
- Get in the Guinness Book of World Records
- Donate blood
- Walk down a red carpet
- Swim with dolphins
- Take someone on a shopping spree
Be in a music videoYears ago, I was in “Learn It.” Sure, it was just with friends but it was fun. Be in a paradeTwice actually. Once for piano lessons and once with my theater. Help out at a homeless/food shelterI have but I want to do more. Ride a horse barebackYears ago but I want to do it again.
- Scuba dive
Be a bridesmaidI did this for my friend Ruth in fall 2013
- Use a jetpack
- Be in a movie
- Give my parents at least $1,ooo
- Give a speech to a large group
- Shake a president’s hand
- Meet the Pope
Get a dozen rosesBut I still get happy each time!
- Buy my own house
- Go in a spaceship
- Grow my hair down to my waist
Have my nails done nicelyJust did this with my mother for the first time 8/21/13
- Save someone’s life
- Have someone named after me
Be kissedNot on the lips but on the cheek and forehead Visit C. S. Lewis’ houseWhile studying in Oxford in 2014, I went there.
- Be in a Shakespeare play
- Visit where The Lord of the Rings was filmed
- Deal with my PTSD
- Not feel guilty for one day
- Sell my mystery parties
- Go to every continent
- Learn the Dewey Decimal System
- Recover from my eating disorder
Study at an Ivy League/highly respected SchoolI studied at Oxford June 2014
- Learn another language
- Start a charity
- Pet a squirrel
- Meet a celebrity
Visit EnglandJust was there in May and loved it!
- Visit France
- Visit Italy
- Visit China
- Visit South Korea
- Visit Greece
- Visit Germany
- Visit New Zealand
Visit AmsterdamBriefly but I want to really see it.
- Swim in a coral reef
- Surf (or at least try to)
- Read a million pages (I am keeping track)
Be on the radio– I was just on it! I called in and talked about having a wedding dress although I was never engaged. It was scary but fun.
Well there you have it! Some are already finished but most still need to be done. At least I have plenty of things to aim for.