Beginnings and ends – two of the hardest things for me. When starting something new, I have to adapt to a whole new set of rules and social norms. This change terrifies me. However endings also disrupt my structured world. Suddenly, something is missing which frightens and confuses me.
Yet, beginnings and ends can be wonderful things. We need them to grow, strengthen, and be pushed out of our comfort zones. They are uncomfortable but a normal part of life. This week I ended the therapy group I was attending because it was not helpful anymore. Anxious but determined, I decided it was time to move on. As far as beginnings go, I will be starting a new job at a little restaurant in the next few week. Although I worry about doing a good job, I am thrilled to have a chance to spread my wings to try something new. Because of these changes, I decided to make Thankfulness Thursday about beginnings and ends.
62. My new job, as mentioned before, has filled me with excitement. Finally, I will be working outside of my home with strangers. Sounds odd that I would be ecstatic but I know this is a step towards independence.
63. Weddings are beautiful beginnings of life together. This fall I will be a bridesmaid in a wonderful friend’s wedding and a lector in my cousin’s. I am so thrilled to watch them make this loving commitment to their fiance.
64. Fall days signify the end of summer. Although it is sad to see it go, I love the brightly colored trees and crisp air in autumn.
65. Finishing a good book fills me with a sense of accomplishment but also loneliness. I love figuring out the end but hate having to leave the characters I grew so close to.
66. Babies are both beginnings and ends. They come into the world and change it but they also continue to grow until they are no longer infants. Each child carries hope to change the world for the better.
67. Falling into a soft bed at the end of the day is a relaxing feeling. Just allowing yourself to melt down into the mattress, snuggle under the blankets, and fall asleep – not much is better when you are exhausted.
68. Watching siblings grow up has been a surreal experience for me. However, it has also been filled with joy and hope for them.
69. Sunrises remind me that each day is worth living. I am lucky enough to see them across the river from my bed.
70. Sunsets bring closure in a beautiful way to each day.
71. Birthdays herald out one year and bring in the next. They are a day for celebrating the past but looking with anticipation and dreams to the future.
72. Curtain call bow in my shows always made me cry but hearing the audience respond was so exciting.
Links to previous posts: