Because of Aspergers, I am very sensitive to bright lights. Aversion to overwhelming sensory input has always been difficult for me. Although the warm glow of a dim lamp is cozy, I cringe when beaming florescent lights are turned on. Often, I will work in the dark or take walks in the evening. My vivid imagination might run wild but for the most part, I feel safer without light.
However, I love the sun. Sure, it gives me migraines at times but for the most part, I enjoy to bask in its warmth. Whenever the sun is out, my mood lifts a little bit. Many people, actually, gain joy from a sunny day or struggle on a cloudy one. Thus I know that I am not alone in my thankfulness not only for the life the sun nourishes but also the hope, cheer, and beauty it brings about in our world.
Thus, I was very excited and honored to receive the Sunshine Award from Creative Mysteries. A very thought-provoking and talented writer, he has also been extremely supportive to other bloggers, myself included. So thank you so very much to him! I am excited to now follow the rules of this award which include nominating others who deserve it because of the light and sunshine that they bring into the world through their blogs. But first of all, here are the rules.
- Display the logo in a post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
So here are some things you didn’t know about me before:
- I hate phones and never answer my cell phone. Honestly, I only have one because my parents insist that I have it while I drive for safety.
- Growing up, my siblings and I never believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or any other such creature. My parents did not want to confuse us or lie to us.
- Although I have never even had a boyfriend, I have a wedding dress from my sister that she got at a thrift shop. Part of me really wants to wear it if I ever get married.
- Tonight I am going to become a CC or Competent Communicator at Toastmasters!
- I enjoy collecting things as many Aspies do. Some of my collections include shells, rocks, dried flowers, books, Madame Alexandera dolls, stuffed animals, The Lord of the Rings items, and Cinderella items.
- My first crushes as a little girl where Dick Van Dyke, Bing Crosby, and Bob Denver from Gilligan’s Island.
- I have a humidifier in my room that runs 24/7. I can’t sleep or think without a little bit of white noise like it gives off.
- Although I used to be very picky about music, I now enjoy some songs that everyone seems to hate like “Call Me Maybe” and “What Makes You Beautiful.” Sure they are corny and the singers are not the best but I love dancing around to them.
- There are many famous movies that I have never seen seen a full R-rated movie. I love The King’s Speech but I leave at the swearing part so I can keep saying that I haven’t seen an R-rated film.
- Part of me still longs to be a famous actress and singer like I dreamed about for years.
Ok, enough about me. Now I am going to nominate ten other amazing and sunshine-bringing bloggers:
- Lost in the Labyrinth – Maria struggles with darkness but continues to search for the light. She has brought a great deal of sunshine and joy into my life through her posts and by being a good friend!
- The Very Best Top 10 – This blog is simply delightful. It always lifts my spirits and brings a smile to my face.
- Austisticook – From sharing inspiring videos to observing life to unique recipes, this blog is uplifting and insightful.
- Aspie Story – This blog has amazing photographs! The blogger has found a way to look at and interact with the world and celebrate the gifts that he has instead of bemoaning them.
- Kindness Blog – Telling stories of kindness from around the world, this is a fantastic blog that gives me so much joy and hope!
- Mud Therapy – This blog and the blogger are both very encouraging. Acknowledging the pain of life but moving forward, this blog is wonderful.
- Adventure’s Blog – The mother who runs this blog knows difficulty but continues to care for her children and help others through her writing.
- Mirrorgirl: My Life as a Psychologist – This is such an informative, honest, and hopeful blog! Each post is so amazing and inspiring.
- Mickey Math – I have never been much of a math person but this blog strives to make it fun. It is uplifting to see someone helping others for free out of the goodness of their heart.
- The Hurt Healer – The name of this blog itself is full of light and encouragement. Carolyn has numerous uplifting posts that have touched me.