My first day of school, I was up bright and early waiting excitedly. New to homeschooling, my mom refused to teach me until breakfast was finished. According to her, I cried because I wanted to begin right then at 5:30. Why did I have to wait to start learning?
Ever since then, I have loved school. Learning, writing, discussing, and reading all fill me with joy. My inquisitive nature draws me to people and places that can teach me new things. However, I also fear school. After being homeschooled my whole life, I went off to college. Alone in a stampede of people, my Anorexia took a sharp turn for the worse and my anxiety grew. Would I ever fit in here? Am I not good enough for this school? What should I do?
After taking a full year off and only going part-time the last two semesters, I am returning back to the university. Fear mixed with excitement has overwhelmed me as the day approaches. However, I am trying to remind myself of all of the joy I have received from school in the past. Since this is my last Thankfulness Thursday before starting classes, I decided to focus on the joys of schooling.
118. Learning new things always excites me. Even subjects I do not prefer become wonderful in my mind if I find out something unique, unknown, or surprising about them.
119. Professors at my university are amazing! I have never had trouble with any of them.
120. Having a reason to get out of bed always helps me to feel less depressed.
121. School Books are expensive but many of them are fascinating.
122. Practice for a job is a major part of studying. This helps me feel more secure about the future.
123. Our lovely camps is amazing to walk around on with a lake, trees, flowers, and more.
124. Working as a team is hard for me. However doing it in school has been a very good learning experience.
125. Structure and routine adds order and peace to my life. I know when I have to next instead of being confused about what the day holds for me.
126. Deep discussion stimulates my brain and helps open up my mind to possibilities I had never though about.
127. The diversity of classes to choose from is rather overwhelming but so exciting!
128. Back to school outfit shopping with my mother has been a tradition for years. This year we went for a pedicure insteadl
Links to previous posts