Well, I am very honored and excited to once again thank Maria at Lost in the Labyrinth for a nomination for a blogging award. This is called the “One Lovely Blog Award.” There are no rules that go along with it but I figured that I would do something a bit fun. Since today is the 17th of September, I figured that I would write eight random fact about myself and then nominate nine people. If I nominate you, please feel free to pass on the award to as many people as you like and follow suit by writing facts about yourself.
- Before I was born, my aunt gave my mother a stuffed rabbit. I named him “Bop” because of the song “Little Bunny Foo-Foo” who bopped all the mice on the head. Although I loved that animal so much, I lost him when I was around eight. However I always hopped that he would come alive like in The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Since I started college, I have changed my major four times. Here is the progression of my transitions: Early Childhood Education, English Teaching and Intercultural Studies, English Writing and Literature, and finally, Professional Writing with a minor in Literature.
- For years, I hated having my hair curled because I thought it made me look like a boy. Then in my teenage years, I began to curl every strand in hopes of being prettier.
- I still love playing the Nancy Drew computer games. Every time a new one comes out, I either ask for it as a gift or treat myself by buying it.
- My toenails still look lovely from the pedicure a month ago. Whenever I see them, I feel better about myself for some reason.
- One of the worst parts about my eating disorder is that it has taken away my singing voice. Although I have gained back some muscle, I still struggle to hold notes or hit the high ones.
- Living in residential treatment was one of the most difficult but also most exciting experiences of my life. Sometimes I still miss it and everyone who I met there.
- For years, I tried to convince myself and others that I would marry a descendant of J. R. R. Tolkien because I loved his work so much. Now, I simply hope to meet a relative of his.
Ok, so now I am going to nominate some people for this award. All of these bloggers really have lovely and inspiring blogs that have helped and encouraged many people.
- Where I Stand
- Creative Mysteries
- Kindness Blog
- She’s in Prison
- Speak Happiness
- Mud Therapy
- Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself
There they are! All of these are wonderful blogs with even more amazing bloggers who write them. Hopefully, you will accept this award and pass it on to others.