First of all, I want to thank Nicole at Dearest Depression for the nomination for the Liebster Award! Her blog address faith, depression, and hope. If you have not read it yet, I suggest that you do so. Previously I wrote about this award when I received it, but I hope that you do not mind me accepting and sending it on again.
First of all, I am going to answer ten questions from Nicole that she gave to each nominee.
1. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yes, I have mentioned this before but I love the depth, hope, hurt, and characters in the story.
2. You have two weeks off of work/life, what do you do?
Read, write, play with my family, and take walks outside in the woods.
3. What is the best aspect of blogging?
The best part of blogging is when someone tells me that I helped them or that they understand something better. I really want to touch each person who encounters my blog.
4. How long have you been blogging?
This April, I believe, is when I began blogging.
5. What advice has made the most impact on your life?
Oh, that is hard. Perhaps my friend Ruth who always reminded me of how strong I was.
6. If you could go back and tell a younger version of yourself one thing, what would that one thing be?
You are so much more than the external image. Remember that you are human – not an angel or a demon.
7. How do you express yourself?
I express myself in many ways. My clothing tends to be very proper, girly, and fun. Many times, I wear earrings that show my personality. Also I do so in my writing.
8. What is your definition of success?
Living to help others and follow your faith is my definition of success.
9. What is your go to comfort food?
Foods do not comfort me anymore. They still make me very anxious. Tea does calm me down sometimes though.
10. What is your favorite smell/scent?
That is another hard question. I really like the smell of flowers and mint.
Ok, so now I am going to nominate a few people whose blogs have less than 200 people. Here are the rules:
1. Answer my ten questions.
2. Link back to me in your post.
3. Write your own ten questions for nominees.
4. Nominate ten people (or as many as you want) who have blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Let them know you nominated them.
These are my nominations:
- Being Be-You-To-Ful – a blog about faith and positive body image
- BIA: What’s Your Body Image? – a blog about body images
- Darceypaulding – a blog with poems, advocacy, and eating disorder recovery
- Hopeandloveradio – a blog with inspiring songs
- Juniperbaby – a blog about recovery from an eating disorder
- Life With Recovery – a blog about coming out of an eating disorder
- What We Are and May Be – a blog from a good friend of mine who is travelling in England
I know that is seven but I have already given this award to ten people. Anyway, here are the questions for them.
- What is your first memory?
- What can you not sleep without?
- What are some songs that you would want if there was a soundtrack of your life?
- Which Disney character is your favorite?
- Where do you go for a break from the world?
- When is your favorite time of day?
- Why do you think that blogging is important?
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- What is your favorite costume ever?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would you choose?
Since I wrote so many questions and answered others, I thought that the end of this post would be dedicated to you, my readers. Do you have any questions for me? If so, put them in a comment. I will either address them all in a separate post or do each one individually. It depends on the amount and depth of the questions. Feel free to ask whatever. I look forward to answering anything!