Music used to play a huge role in my life. As a baby, I quieted when my mother sang or played tapes for me. Playing the piano began at such a young age that I cannot remember being unable to read music. Then for years I took voice lessons, sang in choir, or devoted my time to the piano.
However, my voice is now weak and unreliable because of restricting food. Pain fills my lungs along with oxygen whenever I attempt to sing. For months, I have pretended that I did not care. After all, writing is my passion not singing. Music does not need to be part of of my life.
As much as I tried to forget music, it remained close to my heart. So, I continued to listen to my favorite songs and expanded the genres and artists that I enjoyed. Walking through the woods near my house, I always dance along the path to a CD.
Thus, when I found the blog hopeandloveradio, I loved it right away. Slesser1013 posts music videos and lyric videos of wonderful songs. Sometimes, they will be tunes that I know and love while other times the songs are new to me. You really should check out some of the posts!
Anyway, hopeandloveradio just nominated me for the Duet Awards: the I Am Part of the WordPress Family Award and the Imagine Award. I am excited to accept them and pass them on. Here they are and their rules as well as my nominations.
Rules for the Imagine Award:
- Copy and past the award onto one of your posts.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
- List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
- Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
- Notify your nominees.
- Copy and paste The Imagine Award to your blog page.
Creative things about hopeandloveradio:
- You find uplifting and inspiring songs to share with others.
- Some of your songs are older but some are more modern. You are not afraid to post very different types of music.
- Not only do you give to your followers, you also donate some of your proceeds to charity.
- Instead of simply posting the lyrics or link to a song, you find a video version of it so that we can see and hear it.
- You bring hope and love into this world by your blogging!
Rules for the I am Part of the WordPress Family Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 family members know you have awarded them.
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Nominations for the Duet Awards – the I Am Part of the WordPress Family Award and the Imagine Award:
- Cleopatra Loves Books – Reviewing many different books from all genres
- Creative Mysteries – A writer who is very insightful and creative
- Kindness Blog – Highlighting kind deeds from around the world
- Lost in the Labyrinth – Poetry and thoughts about aspergers and depression
- More Than Skin Deep – A Self Harm Awareness Project – Great musings and quotes about ending self-harm and promoting self-worth
- Musings From a Bookmammal – Very creative looks at many different books
- My Bright Shining Star – A mother who lost her daughter to suicide
- Prayers and Promises – Uplifting spiritual healing messages
- True Beauty Ministries – Finding one’s identity as a beautiful person through faith
- Where I Stand – Honest but uplifting blogs about mental illness and recovering