This morning has been rather odd. Being finals week, my school schedule is jumbled and a bit confusing. Although a break for Christmas will be nice, I already miss the steadiness and sense of community. Winter break is going to be a long, difficult time. However I am determined to focus on recovery and try my best to enjoy family.
Anyway, there are two awards I was just nominated for and excited to accept. Both come from great bloggers who you should check out. Seeing these awards was a pleasant surprise on a rather drab day.
- Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer 10 questions.
- Nominate 10/12 blogs that you find a joy to read (yes, one can include gentlemen)
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
Here are my questions to answer and those for others to answer:
- Your favorite color – Pink
- Your favorite animal – Tough. I love so many animals. Probably cats, squirrels, and dolphins are at the top of it.
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Licorice tea
- Facebook or Twitter – Both frighten me a bit but Facebook is more useful for getting a hold of people.
- Your favorite pattern – It really depends.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Giving but both are fun. Gifts are my love language along with words of affirmation.
- Your favorite number? – Five and seven.
- Your favorite day of the week? – I don’t really know. Maybe Monday when I get to go back to school.
- Your favorite flower? – Roses with forget-me-nots, lilies of the valley, and dandelions close behind.
- What is your passion? – Writing, helping others, theater, reading, and speaking.
And finally, here are my nominations:
- Hope* the happy hugger
- Initiators are Leaders
- Jagged Little Edges
- Lost In The Labyrinth
- Musing of an Aspie
- Recovery Ramblings Blog of Author Catherine Lyon
- She’s in Prison
- Suzie81’s Blog
- Where I Stand
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
- Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
- Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award via this link – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- You can now also join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
- And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect! Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different! When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star! There are a total of 6 stars to collect which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
I decided to choose a 5 blogs for this award:
- Creative Mysteries
- Kindness Blog
- More Than Skin Deep – a self harm awareness project
- Where I Stand