Today, my family is celebrating the birthday of my little brother Mario by going to a train museum before Christine leaves for Mexico. Speaking of her, I am going to shamelessly promote her blog. You can follow her at La Gringa. She is pretty much the opposite of me – funny, charismatic, practical, outgoing, zany, charming. Although she is not a writer, her blog should be full of fun stories and crazy thoughts.
Speaking of wonderful things, I was nominated for the Blog of the Year Award 2013 by hopeandloveradio. This is the second star for me. Although 2013 has now ended, I hope that I can continue to nominate and accept this award. One of the fun things about this particular award is that you can receive it up to six times.
Here are the rules:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog of The Year 2013 Award.
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
- Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them. (Please, don’t alter the instructions or the badges!).
- Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
- And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award – and proudly display the award on your blog – and start collecting stars!
Here are my nominations:
- aspermama – Any parents of Aspies would do well to read this encouraging and amusing blog.
- Creative Mysteries – Not only are there great writing tips on this site, there are also wonderful coping skills and interesting musings.
- Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself – There is beauty everywhere, and this blog sets out to prove that. However, it is also raw about difficult issues which adds depth.
- Hope the happy hugger – How can a blog with a name like that not be amazing? It truly lives up to and exceeds it.
- The Hurt Healer – Struggles can make you stronger as Carolyn proves. There is much beauty and light in her writing.
- Lost in the Labyrinth – Your blog addresses aspergers honestly but also with hope. Seeing how you have found joy and light has inspired many.
- Mirrorgirl – This blog is full of helpful insights and interesting facts. It promotes healthy behavior, self-care, and understanding others.
- theempathyqueen – Focusing on caring for other instead of self-pity, this blog is really encouraging.