Lately, I have been waking up earlier each day to go to classes. With a 45 minute commute, an 8:00 class turns into leaving my house at around 7:00. Most students around me complain about waking up early. I, however, enjoy being moving at this time of day even if it leaves me drained.
So I decided that for Thankfulness Thursday I would focus on early mornings. Love them or hate them, most people have to experience these at sometime. Hopefully this list will help you to see the best in them.
366. Seeing the sunrise – Watching light stream into the world and spread across nature is so beautiful.
367. Having more time – Suddenly, there are extra hours in your day. When you wake up early, it is easier to feel like you accomplish tasks.
368. Birds singing – Hearing the sounds of creation, especially the music of birds, is a welcome sound after the quiet of night.
369. Stillness on earth – When everyone else is sleeping, a peace seems to fill your life. It is a bit eerie but also calming.
370. Hot drinks – Many people enjoy a strong cup of coffee in the morning. I only drink tea but do enjoy the warmth of the liquid.
371. Escaping from nightmares – Dreams still haunt me sometimes although the medication I started has been helping. Thus, waking from them brings discomfort in memories but relief in reality.
372. Less traffic – Well, you might need to wake up very early for this. Avoiding rush hour is always nice.
373. Not being caught up in the rush of daily life – Even when I am hurrying to prepare for class, life seems calmer in the morning. Businesses do not call, work has not begun, and everything stays more in the present moment.
374. Time to think – When I can, I spend a few moments praying and thinking on my bed each morning. Sitting there and reading inspiration helps prepare me for the rest of the day.
375. Hushed whispers – People often speak so loudly. The quiet responses in the morning let my easily overwhelmed ears rest until later.
376. Seeing the moon and stars disappear – This is a bit sad. However, watching nature shift from night to day is an amazing experience.
Links to previous posts: