Well, I am here in Oxford in one piece. That is still hard to believe. Many times today I wished that someone would pinch me. This cannot be real!
However, it is happening right now. There have been many difficult moments. Note to all – Do not watch Gravity on a plane. That was not a good choice. Plus, we were descending quickly right as she was crashing to earth. I still feel a bit sick thinking about it.
Despite the difficulties and stresses, the day has been amazing. Looking back, I am thankful for the flight that brought me here safely. While above London, tears welled up in my eyes. It felt almost like coming home. I missed this country so much. Anyway, here are some of the things I am grateful for concerning this flight and others..
577. Looking down from the plane – The view takes my breath away no matter what it is.
578. Our smiling flight attendant – She was so sweet and kind. When you see people touching others by doing a good job, it brings hope and light into the world.
579. Movies – Sure, they are on that little screen, but it is still fun to see some new releases and old favorites.
580. Marking two movies off of my to-watch list – This is similar to the previous blessing, but it is still something that I am grateful for today.
581. Seeing all of the different cultures – It is beautiful to see the wonderful types of people from all over the world.
582. Getting your passport stamped – What a feeling of accomplishment! I was there!
583. Realizing the joy of walking – Not until you sit all day do you realize how nice it is to stretch your legs.
584. The amazing technology – The invention of flying intrigues me. That people pursued this goal for so long and finally took off is amazing.
585. Safety – Every time that I arrive somewhere safely, I am grateful.
586. Being in the clouds – What a magical sight it is to look out and see white tufts everywhere.
587. Growing in patience – You certainly need to have this while traveling.
Links to previous posts: