This week has been so crazy. I began an internship, started a new job training, had a huge fundraiser for where I work, wrote for my client, and tried (am still trying actually) to finish a mystery party for this Saturday. Right now, only a few minutes are left before I must get ready for work.
Sometimes things in life are hectic. That can be difficult, but it can also have benefits. Today for Thankfulness Thursday, I am going to focus on the good parts of being busy.
703. Less time alone with my thoughts – This can be very helpful when I am depressed. Although having some quiet time is relaxing, too much triggers intrusive thoughts.
704. Seeing people – I tend to isolate. Business forces me to interact with others. Usually, I end up being grateful for it in the end.
705. Having purpose – We are not the activities that we are in or jobs that we hold. However, doing things can help us to feel like we are making a difference and changing the world.
706. Less time to worry about every little thing – This is not always true. Normally, though, being busy takes up most of my energy. Little time is left to brood or fret.
707. Less focus on body image – Keeping my mind occupied takes away some of my hateful thoughts. They still sneak in, making it difficult to be around people. Still, they are fewer when I am busy.
708. Getting more accomplished – Funny how when we are most stressed, we get the most done. That is often the case for me. When I am in working mode, I just keep going until everything is complete.
709. More independence – The busier that I am, the less I rely on my parents. They are still my biggest supporters, but I no longer need them to fix every little thing. There is not time for that because I am running around outside of the house.
710. Less guilt – This comes from feeling less lazy and like I have a purpose. This feeling still bothers me but not as frequently when I am keeping myself occupied.
711. Earning money – Let’s be honest. I am poor and need money. Usually when I am busy, it is at work of some sort. This is an advantage and something I keep in mind when I am drained.
712. Working on social skills and being flexible – Business teaches me how to adapt to change and relate to others. It is hard to learn but necessary.
713. Becoming a leader – As I become more busy, I must learn to take charge of my life and be a leader. Whether I am serving others at my job or watching my little brother for my mother, I am growing in confidence and ability to trust myself.
Links to previous posts: