The past few days have been really lonely. Recently, I realized that I do not fit into any of the groups at school. Theater kids, the English students, journalism majors, and all of the other groups of people all are kind to me but are tightly knit with each other. There is little need for me. This loneliness has invaded the past few days and stricken me.
Anyway, my therapist told me that people outside of school are not usually in such categories. I do not know if this is true, but it would be so wonderful. She also tried to convince me that being interested in numerous things instead of just one is good. That still does not take away the pain of being alone. However, there are some great elements about being outside of a clique. This Thankfulness Thursday focuses on those benefits instead of wallowing in self-pity.
855. Not being stuck with one crowd – I can move around between groups instead of being with the same people all of the time.
856. Less peer pressure – I do not feel as much pressure to do different activities. This is especially nice when the activities make me feel uncomfortable.
857. Not excluding others – Hopefully I do not do this.
858. Observing from the outside – Sure, it is painful. However, this can provide great inspiration for art as well as insight into how people think.
859. Learning to be confident – Being alone forces me to be confident in myself outside of the approval of others.
860. Having time alone – As an introvert, time alone is much appreciated.
861. Openness to others – Instead of focusing on just my friends, I try to be tuned into everyone around me.
862. Friends from numerous groups – Sometimes I wonder how they view me. Overall, I love them all and am greatly blessed to have them in my life even if they tend to forget me at times.
863. Variety in interactions – When I am feeling dramatic, theater people understand. Literary friends, on the other hand, like to freak out with me about a new novel.
864. Being able to end relationships if needed – If someone is unhelpful or unkind, I can eliminate them from my life more easily than if I was in their group.
865. Not having to be alone in this – There are other people who are in the same situation as me. Even in this loneliness, I am not totally alone.
Links to previous posts: