Today, my adviser helped me to pick my schedule for the spring. Just thinking about my last semester at the university is frightening. Where will my life go from here? How will I adjust to the “real world”? What about all of the courses that I longed to take but will never be able to anymore?
Part of me feels like leaving this school will be breaking off a part of myself. Instead of dwelling on this fear and sorrow, I am trying to remember that I still have more than a full semester left. Right now, there is still left to enjoy my school experience. Here are some of the classes that I am most thankful for taking over the course of my college years.
866. Jane Austen and the Rise of the Female Author – Learning this from a great tutor at Oxford University was one of my best learning opportunities. Not only did I love the woman we learned from, the information helped me to understand history and literature more. Plus being in England at Oxford made it even better.
867. Writing of Poetry – Although difficult, this class helped me to write and pay attention about word choice.
868. Education Foundations – Through this class, I learned that being a teacher was not my calling although I did enjoy working with children.
869. Introduction to Literary Studies – Dr. Jones became one of my favorite professors. This class convinced me to keep a literature minor.
870. Biblical Worldview: Personal Responsibility – I grew so much in my faith during this class despite difficult moments. It really stretched me.
871. Honors: Modern Shakespearean Fiction – Once again, Dr. Jones made this an awesome class. Plus, Shakespeare is one of my favorite writers.
872. Writing Theory and Ethics – I am in this class right now and loving it so far. It is super helpful as a writer.
873. C.S. Lewis: Imagination and Intellect – Another class from Oxford, this one taught me to view an amazing and theologian in a different light. Lewis became both more human and more amazing as I learned more.
874. Freelance Journalism – All of the journalism classes that I have taken deeply inspired me. This one helped me have the courage to start marketing myself.
875. Speech – Without this, my fear of people would be much greater. I learned that I do have some talent as a presenter and persuader.
876. Advanced Grammar Syntax – At moments, this class seemed unbearable. However, making it through the difficulty was a success. Now I understand more about the English language.
Links to previous posts: