For those of us with early mornings, getting up and ready can be very difficult. Going to bed early, having coffee, and other tactics can be used. However, having the energy to prepare in the morning can still be a struggle.
A coping skill that I am finally applying is putting together everything needed for the next day before I go to sleep. This might be a hassle in the evening but sure saves me time the next day.
Here are a few of the items that you might set up to be ready for the next day:
- Clothing – This includes your outfit, shoes, accessories, coat, etc.
- Medication – Have all of the pill bottles and other forms of medicine or vitamins ready.
- Lunch – Leave your lunch box in the fridge after packing everything into it or leave unrefrigerated items out on the counter.
- School or work items – Books, files, uniform, or anything else needed should be ready to grab.
- To-do list – If you find these helpful, make one for the following day.
- Purse or briefcase – Whatever you carry everything in, have it loaded and by the door.
Taking these steps might seem tedious at first. Still, each moment that I have longer in the morning has been a relief. I will work to make this a habit and encourage you to at least give it a chance.