Receiving awards on my blog makes me both thrilled and nervous. After all, people love hearing that their work is appreciated. However, knowing how to accept that compliment graciously is not as simple as many Oscar recipients make it seem. Many cultures teach us to feel a strange sense of shame in appreciating compliments. I wonder where that began.
Anyway, here are some awards that have piled up over the past year. I am very grateful for them and look forward to passing them on to other wonderful bloggers.
Once a Victim ~ Now a Survivor Award
This is a beautiful award from Living in Stigma. I have felt like a victim at times but now am much stronger. That makes me a warrior, a victor, a survivor. Receiving this nomination helped me to remember that at a difficult time.
This award is for those who have gone through mental illness of any kind, abuse, trauma, and especially PTSD. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 7 or more bloggers whom you feel deserve the award
- Post 5 questions for your nominees to answer (you may use the same as these below)
- Inform your nominees and post a comment in their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated
The questions for me were the following:
- When did you start your blog and what inspired you? I started a few years ago after a person at the dentist office made a comment about my low weight. This inspired me to advocate for those with mental illness and help those who are struggling.
- What types of blogs do you follow? Ones about mental illness, hope, faith, and current news
- How many revisions does it take before you push the publish (s/b called panic) button? Two
- What’s the best thing about you and what have you learned from blogging? I answered this below…I try to see the best in others. I learned that I have something to offer the world and that I am not alone.
- Do you have other blogs? Yes. I have Traveling by 5’s, which is a travel blog full of lists.
Here are the wonderful bloggers that I nominate:
Finally, these are the questions for these wonderful people:
- What is your favorite post that you wrote?
- How do you find motivation to write?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- Who inspired you growing up?
- What makes you super excited?
The Butterfly Light Award
The wonderful Serena Aspergia gave me The Butterfly Light Award. It is said to be for “beautiful bloggers.” Receiving it really touched me greatly. Here are the rules for it:
- Write an acceptance post with the award in it.
- Name as many or as few bloggers to receive this award next. Then let them know on their blog.
- Then link back to https://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/i-love-charismatic-geeks/ or https://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/about/
- You must write a short paragraph – Entitled either “How I’m Spreading Light” OR “How I’m A Positive Influence”
- Display Belinda’s lovely “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog.
How I’m Spreading Light: I try to spread light by seeing people not how they are but how they could be. In doing so, I tell them about the wonderful characteristics that they have. Also, I try to aid others in recovery with this blog and by encouraging them to never give up hope. Further, I try to live out my faith through my actions and words.
Here are the bloggers that I nominate for this award:
The Liebster Award
I received this award from Finding Hope’s Sunshine, Serene Aspergia, The Little Slice, and Transcending Borders Blog. It is for blogs with less than 500 followers. Although I am over that, I am grateful to receive this award. Here are the questions that I was asked by the various bloggers:
- What is the best thing about you? Um, I try to see the best everyone that I meet.
- What time of day do you blog? Lately, anytime that I can possible fit it into my day.
- How many revisions does it take before you finally publish? Usually two.
- Who is/was the most influential person in your life? My mother. She is my role model, hero, cheerleader, and greatest comfort.
- In one word describe yourself? Whimsical
- Where do you see yourself one year from now? Getting back from Disney World and preparing to go to South Korea while working as a waitress and freelance writing
- What is your favorite social media? I do not really have one besides WordPress. Maybe Pinterest?
- What type of blogs do you follow? Mental health advocacy and awareness as well as ones about Autism and my faith
- What is the motivating factor for you to blog? Wanting to be a bright light to help others
- How would you describe my blog content to someone who has not read it? This was from Finding Hope’s Sunshine. The blog content is uplifting, faith-filled, and beautiful.
- What have you learned about yourself from blogging? I learned that I am not alone in this world. Others are similar to me.
- What inspired you to write a blog? A comment that someone made about my weight one day made me finally sit down and write what I had been thinking about for a long time.
- Does your blog play an important role in your day-to-day life? Well, since I take time to blog each day, it plays a huge role in my life. Also I am thinking about what to write throughout the rest of the day.
- What are your favourite words and why? Oh, that is hard. I like the words “whimsical,” “bubbling,” and many others because they are fun and paint beautiful pictures. However, the words I like to use the most are “hope,” “rose,” “love,” and “beauty.” All of these are powerful for recovery.
- Is there anything you are currently seeking, whether it be love, ambition, self awareness etc.? I am seeking deeper wisdom and faith as well as recovery.
- What would you like to achieve before you die, so you leave contently? I would like to find hope and be rid of the darkness of depression.
- What is your favourite book and why? It is The Lord of the Rings because of the deep characters, struggle between light and dark, heartbreaking truth, epic plot, detailed fantasy world, and beautiful hope.
- If you could make one change to the world, what would it be? That is another hard question. Every person would be loved and know that he or she was loved.
- Tell me something you are passionate about.. Helping others. That and tea. 🙂
- What is the scariest/hardest thing you’ve had to do? Go into treatment for an eating disorder and then leave treatment for an eating disorder.
- Where do you think we go when we die? I believe in heaven, hell, and purgatory.
- If you had to choose between a ticket that gave you unlimited flights/ferries to any country you desired for the rest of your life or a bag of money worth £100,000,000 which would you choose and why? Oh…that is very hard. Probably unlimited flights and I would work in the meantime to earn my own money.
Here are the bloggers that I nominate for this award:
All that you need to do is answer the eleven question below, display this award on your blog, and nominate more people (usually eleven) who have under 500 followers. Here are my questions:
- What scared you as a child but is humorous now?
- What television or movie character do you relate the most to?
- What are three words you would use to describe where you live?
- If you could move anywhere, where would you go?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you cry?
- Do you prefer sticking to a schedule or making things up as you go through the day?
- What was your favorite vacation memory?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What is your favorite name?
- How often do you blog? How often do you want to blog?
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Sisterhood of the World Bloggers’ Award
Living Breathing Being nominated me for these awards. However, neither post is not longer present. I am still very thankful for such a kind award.