Sorry about the late post again! Life has been so hectic and a bit stressful. I need soothing and calming so badly at times.
There are times when we all need to be soothed and comforted. However, asking someone else to do that is frightening. Perhaps that is even impossible for you because it seems as if no one cares.
Learning to soothe myself is something I am still struggling with doing. It is the little steps each day that make me better now than I was a year ago. Also, having great friends helps.
Here are a few tips of how I am able to soothe myself. Most of them are quick and helpful. In fact, I tried to pick ones that I used in the past few weeks.
- Eat a meal that makes you feel good and healthy. For example, my friends Amanda and Cody took me to sushi last night while Morgan (another friend) took me out to eat some great salad.
- Speaking of friends, stop being alone and spend time with good ones. I am so lucky to have wonderful women and men in my life who help me through each day! They soothe me when I am hurting.
- Take a long bath. Showers are great but not nearly as relaxing. Melting into bubbles under water is wonderful after a long day.
- Wrap up in a warm blanket with tea or coffee and a good book. Watching a movie can also be a great way to unwind.
- Put on good smelling lotion. My favorite is my mint one although I have another called “Happy” which also is wonderful.
What are some good soothing things that you do to calm down after lots of work and stress? I would love to know.